Re: Europa-List: Re: Cooling a Mono Classic

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Cooling a Mono Classic
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 20:54:28

Many thanks Phil.  I wasn't aware Kim had ongoing cooling problems.

I have had a few photos of Kim's aircraft for many years but they were all taken
prior to the mods you have made me aware of.  I also have a Europa news article
where Ivan Shaw and Kim flew to Oshkosh.  The article explained oil cooling
issues and how they finally settled on relocation of the oil cooler to under
the spinner. This was the reason I put mine under the spinner.

Thanks again Phil.

Best regards
Kingsley

> Kingsley,
>
>> From the very first flight of my Uncle's Europa (Kim Prout) he had temp
>> issues.
The fist mod was the oil cooler moved to its own inlet below the spinner.
There have been many mods after.