Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Eur

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Europas
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 22:04:25

Hi Richard

John is at 77alembert@gmail.com

Regards

Pete

On 22/12/17 19:51, Richard Lamprey wrote:

> Thanks Pete, do you have John Archers contact email?
> Best
> Richard
>

> pete@lawless.info wrote:
>> Hi Richard
>>
>> You have a Classic the pictures were for the XS with a side filler. The
>> AD applies to both.
>>
>> I have just inspected mine and whilst the inside looked perfect the fuel
>> tank end was noticeably soft compared to the top section. I intend to
>> replace it with aluminium as per Standard Mod 13070. If you are
>> interested John Archer, who is getting the pipes made, is taking orders now.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> G-RMAC Classic #109
>>

>> On 21/12/17 07:11, Richard Lamprey wrote:
>>

>>>   Stupid question, but I will ask anyway...  All the examples, photos, LAA
report etc point to the side-filler Europa pipe, with 45 degree bend, which was
an alternative to the top-of-fuselage original filler.  I have the latter, the
long pipe coming down through a hole in the rear bulkhead.  Was this a different
pipe batch?  Inspection shows no problem with mine, I fill to the top before
every flight, ie right up the pipe, then fly, then leave tank with about
3/4 full ie the pipe is not immersed for long.  I fly once a month,  Nice
constant
temps in Kenya 15-28 C for storage, all seems to be OK.