Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Eur

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Europas
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 19:48:22

Hi Tim

I have just been involved in getting together an LAA Standard Mod for
the classic long fuel pipe to be made in aluminium. One of the LAA
requirements was documentary proof that the type of aluminium used was
suitable for use with petrol containing ethanol.

Regards

Pete

G-RMAC Europa #109 classic

On 17/12/17 19:02, Tim Ward wrote:

> Hi Europa owners,
> It has become evident my aluminium elbow maybe in demand again.
> I can ask the manufacturer of the aluminium elbow to make another run. This
> would
require at least ten Europa owners to commit to buying. As I am now flying
to Heathrow  again I can bring them with me and post them in Londontown to save
cost. American builders also, as I am in Los Angeles/San Francisco frequently.
> Those builders interested in buying an elbow please email me. If there are
> enough
I will get a price for you before committing.
> I have had no problem with this fuel flow connection.
> Merry Christmas.
> Cheers,
> Tim
> Tim Ward
> 12 Waiwetu Street,
> Fendalton,
> Christchurch, 8052
> New Zealand
>
> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
>
> Mob +64 210640221
>

>> On 18/12/2017, at 3:34 AM, Richard Wheelwright <rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>

>> Just completed the check on G-IRPW. And all is well. Just for info I did fit
Tim Wards elbow a few years ago.