Re: Europa-List: Re: VENTILATION IN FLIGHT & POSITIVE CABIN PRESSURE

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: VENTILATION IN FLIGHT & POSITIVE CABIN PRESSURE
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:39:58
I use a household carbon monoxide detector and it works great. Detects low l
evels over a period of time rather than just high levels. You can here it wi
th headsets on.

Kevin Challis

> On 15 Sep 2017, at 19:12, david park <dpark748@me.com> wrote:
>
> These indicators have three levels but not parts per million? And rely on y
ou seeing it before you nod off to sleep!
> <image1.gif>
> Dave Park
>

>> On 15 Sep 2017, at 09:37, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>>
>> Clive, Replying to your suggestion that perhaps one of our medical friend
s will comment on the significance of lower levels of carbon monoxide exposu
re, my answer would be that anyone who has taken the trouble to read Wikiped
ia on the subject is likely to know as much or more than the majority of doc
tors who are not working in toxicology! I would say that no carbon monoxide i
s best to aim for but moderate levels only put you in the same state as a sm
oker ( I guess without the cancer risks), but you will have worked that out f
or yourself!

>> Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ
>>

>>> On 2017-09-15 08:58, clivesutton wrote:

om>

>>> If i may chip in on this:
>>>
>>> I have two of the Ultimate Ventilators - each fitted in the side quarter
 section of the windscreen.  Though ridiculously expensive, they work well w
hen you need a blast of cold air - and their design helps to be able to dire
ct that air blast.

>>> I have a Fireangel CO monitor mounted on the firewall part of the parcel
 shelf facing the P2 seat (that i fitted with an 'off' switch to try and imp
rove battery life).  It's interesting to note how the CO levels vary on a fl
ight: