Re: Europa-List: Looks like Bud's area wasn't hit to bad

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Looks like Bud's area wasn't hit to bad
From: Mike Christine Duane <DuaneFamly@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 13:54:58
Glad to hear you and Anita came through it well. For some reason, I figured y
ou would be well-prepared.
I believe I have a line on a hanger at Henderson executive airport come Nove
mber 1. I also lined up a CFI that has access to a Taildragger, so I can get
 my BFR and hours to help calm the insurance companies when I contact them.

Towards that end, I have a couple of questions so that I know which way to p
roceed. Are you still inclined to come out to Las Vegas for the first flight
 and flight testing?  How is your flight status? When I contact the insuranc
e company, do I have your name added as a pilot to the policy? I was thinkin
g of starting the flight testing the beginning of November. I think we shoul
d have nice comfortable weather for the flight testing. How does that sit wi
th your schedule.
Looking forward to it.
Mike Duane
N377EA

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 15, 2017, at 7:14 AM, Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com> wrote:
>
> To all:
> We made it through Hurricane Irma just fine.  The eye went over our house i
n Valrico about 1AM on Monday.  Winds on the West side of the eye wall were o
nly 80-90 mph.  Trees were knocked down and power out until Thursday.  The s
hop had some screws come out of the roofing and only a few drips.  Many limb
s and branches to clean up.  The Plant City Airport hangar I use is fine.  T
he shaking just made a mess of the interior due to paint and dirt/bird dropp
ings falling from the ceilings. Just cleanup.

> At home, we were prepared.  Storm surge/ waters have to hit 100 feet to ge
t to my house, we have a 5500 watt generator, water purifiers, a 15,000 gall
on pool for a water source, plenty of food and of course plywood for coverin
g up windows.  We don=99t power our AC unit so fans were necessary to b
eat the heat.  Our home is reinforced to Cat 2 hurricane standards and we ha
ve seen 115 mph winds before.  Our roof has not just new shingles, we have a
 peel and stick, self healing membrane on the roof.  To meet cat three I jus
t need ply on my patio / lani doors and internal reinforced garage door supp
orts.  It is OK for us to weather a Cat 2 but trust me, I won=99t be h
ere for a Cat 3.  Not worth it.

> I feel bad about the East coast of Florida as they never expected the stor
m surge of water of which almost nothing can be done about the flooding and p
ower of water.  Shame, as most of us never saw that coming with the storm ov
er the West coast and moving north so fast, but it was a very large storm an
d even ships were floated inland as far north as South Carolina.  The storm l
uckily missed Key West and although power was out, and trees are down, the c
ity is not too bad considering.  We don=99t know how Creighton Smith
=99s house is yet on Pine Island which is between Sarasota and Fort Meyer
s.  I think Ira Rampil in Griffin Ga. had more wind, tornados  and rain than
 I did.  He did well as his place is well built.

> Best Regards,
> Bud and Anita Yerly
>

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

despread-damage-from-hurricane-irma/2337039