Re: Europa-List: Flying without the doors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying without the doors
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 17:38:57

Richard, I would be more tempted to fit a clear view panel. Regards,
David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2017-09-09 09:28, David Watts wrote:

> Richard,
>
> I did this in my mono about 10 years ago for a photo shoot and it was
> horrible.
>
> My daughter was flying while I took the photos and admittedly it was a nasty
stormy day, but it was very noisy, very draughty and seemed quite bumpy.

> There was one interesting point. On final approach, for some unknown reason,
I put my hand up and held the windscreen surround about half way up. Suddenly
it all went quiet and peaceful in the cockpit. By then we had both had enough
and didn't want to go up again and experiment further. I suppose it explains why
many cars with sunroofs have small deflectors that pop up in the airstream.

> Dave Watts
> G-BXDY Classic Mono 912S Airmaster 2,400 hours

Links:
------
[1] http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=472693#472693
[2] http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List