Re: Europa-List: Re: 170cm 67" propeller on a trigear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: 170cm 67" propeller on a trigear
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 10:38:40

Olivier, As I remember it, the LAA will not aprove a propeller larger
than 1.6m on a mono and I suspect the same would apply to a trigear.
Even then I have heard of several being broken with rough landings.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2017-09-08 10:21, JohnFrance wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
> I have an Eprops Durandel 80S which is 1.6 m diameter on my mono-wheel using
a 912 UL. That is already slightly bigger than the Warp drive 62". I did
consider
a bigger prop but was advised against it.
> I assume you have a 912ULS on a tri gear so you would require the Durandel 100
S.
> The propeller should not be able to contact the ground with the front tyre
> flat
and the leg fully compressed you will need to find the relevant FAR's
> Do you need any information for the DGAC acceptance paperwork as I can supply
a template?

> --------
> Europa mono Nr 192
>
> Read this topic online here: