Re: Europa-List: Re: Tri-gear speed kit

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Tri-gear speed kit
From: ami-mcfadyean@talktalk.net <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 10:20:00

5 knots at cruise is about the same as I can report without wheel fairings (mine
is a taildragger with similar 500x5 wheels). And is also about what RV pilots
have noted (6" wheels).
However, both on mine and the RVs, it is the leg fairings that make the biggest
difference (about 10 knots).
Similarly, a tailwheel fairing is reported on RVs to be worth about 2 to 3
knots,
which is what I've recorded (at Vne) on the TD. Haven't tried a tailwheel leg
fairing (yet).

Duncan McF.