Re: Europa-List: Who has Nev's cowlings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Who has Nev's cowlings
From: Sky <richard.churchillcoleman@sky.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 08:22:55

Hi Rowland

To make you feel less lonely, I have Nev's cowls, 912S and a Woodcomp 3000 with
Scimitar blades. Unfortunately I'm a long way off fitting them all!

Richard CC

Sent from my iPhone

> On 26 Aug 2017, at 22:15, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 2017-08-26, at 18:53, philip george <philipgeorge347@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I am active with Jag regarding Nev's  cowl moulds and am going to help him
>> with
the layup of the cowls. In fact I asked the question of the number of layers
of bid.  I think it is probably 2 with reinforcements in certain critical
areas.

> Phil - glad to hear you are working with Jag. I promised I would bring some of
the offcut trimmed from the edge from my cowl to the LAA Rally and/or the Europa
Club dinner so that Jag could see how thick it is. As you say, there will
be extra plies in some more high-stressed areas but I cant speak to that. Would
pictures of the inside of the cowl be useful? Enough of the layup structure
might be visible from the inside (which has no paint or gel-coat). For instance,
have a look at:

> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/cowl_assemble_a.php
>
> where although the angle is not ideal, I can see several places where an extra
layer or layers has been incorporated. If it helps, I can take better pictures
next time I have the cowl off.