Re: Europa-List: Europa VNE

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa VNE
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 22:05:38

Gilles, These speeds were at 100% power (as opposed to the 115% max
power available on the 914 for just 5mins). It was several years ago now
and I have long since lost the paper that had those sort of other
details on, but I remember it as a typical British summer day - probably
around 20C. At 6500ft & up the pitch was on its coarse stop and probably
I could have gone faster with a coarser coarse setting. I will send you
the report written at the time.

Regards, David

On 2017-08-05 20:40, GTH wrote:

> Le 05/08/2017  19:36, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk a crit :
>
>> As to 3. My 914 mono XS with speed kit did 156 TAS at 2000 ft level and 164
kt TAS at 6,500ft and exceeds VNE at any height over that. Note these are True
air speeds. My smart Blue Mountain EFIS had a TAS read out.

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to point out that Vno, Vne etc. have to do with aerodynamic
> efforts
and so are IAS velocities (or more accurately CAS).

> David, concerning your speed reports, are those *cruise* numbers (75% power),
or all out performance numbers ? What were your engine & prop settings ? Were
the conditions near standard, or was the weather cold, etc.
> And BTW, what were your IAS's ?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Best regards,