Europa-List: Re: Neville Eyre's widow Carol

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Neville Eyre's widow Carol
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:31:06

Hi David,

Sorry to reply so late, but I got back into the house at 23:00 after spending
most
of the afternoon and evening in the pleasant company of Dirk Oyen.
You probably know that he's the appointed Airmaster agent for Europe and he
landed
at my airfield, Longside near Peterhead, around the middle of the day en route
to Oshkosh.

He's a university lecturer in Belgium, very widely travelled, who has also
motor-cycled
---From my old country South Africa all the length of Africa through the
middle East back to his home. We chatted quite a lot, with his Flemish and my
Afrikaans being mutually well understood. However I'm rusty after 40 years away,
so we soon reverted to English.

Anyhow, I greatly appreciate your kind offer to include me and my angel Sheila
in the pub lunch, but I hope you won't be offended if we decline. It's not only
the long distance involved, but Sheila's starting a protracted course of
hospital
visits soon and I did state to Nigel Graham that I'd rather maintain a low-ish
profile in this matter.

So please, if you Ivan and others could do whatever you think appropriate for
Carole
(with an 'e'), I'll be totally confident that it will be handled in the
most sensitive manner. I'll try calling you soon.

Sincerely and gratefully,

Jonathan and Sheila

Read this topic online here: