Europa-List: Re: Tragedy

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tragedy
From: Rick Moss <Rkwmoss@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 09:42:59

Someone much wiser than me wrote:

"To my mind flying is something of a lottery - something - anything - can leap
up and bite you no matter what you fly, how often or how little you fly, how
much
or how little experience you have, how much you anticipate or how intrinsically
safe and well maintained the aircraft type or how well you and other people
are trained.

We can only grieve for the lost, sympathise with their friends and relatives,
perhaps
raise a defiant toast to a fallen brother and think to ourselves 'there
but for the grace of god go I'.

Perhaps we can take hope by learning something positive from the investigation
to mean that our comrades life was not spent in vain; put into practice the
findings
and hope it never happens again....

In the intervening period we continue taking to the air, as our flying ancestors
have done, knowing, and hoping that our friends know, that in the event that
something does befall us we are enjoying the privilege of being able to do so.
"

I only met Bryan once, and he seemed a most likeable chap; but my glass is
raised.

Read this topic online here: