Re: Europa-List: PilotAware installation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: PilotAware installation
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 17:03:02

Thanks Kevin

Wondered about there.  Good to know it works.  I am based between two
busy gliding sites so the new OGN facility should be a real help.  Not
used it in flight yet but like what I see on the ground.  Was going to
try just the Radar screen on a browser or link it to XCSoar to see which
I prefer.

Pete

On 14/05/17 16:24, Kevin Challis wrote:

> I fitted mine on the passenger shelf, starboard side of the panel. Not very
> neat
but works fine. One day I might move it somewhere out of sight.

> It really is a brilliant unit, the other day it showed another aircraft on a
converging course. I knew where the other aircraft was but could not see it.
Sure
enough it appeared exactly where the Aware unit said it would.

> The Mk1 eyeball is remarkable limited in distance when looking for a small
> plane
in a big sky.

> Kevin Challis
> G ODJG
>

>> On 14 May 2017, at 15:14, Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info> wrote:
>>

>> Hi All
>>
>> Just wondering where people are fitting the PilotAware unit in the Europa.
I am thinking of the shelf on rear D panel in my non extended baggage bay or a
little higher up on a new bracket.