Re: Europa-List: Re: Help requested please

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Help requested please
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 08:06:17

On 2017-05-13, at 18:24, Matt Dovey <mattdovey@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've tried to join the club on a number of times but have received the same
> error.

Matt - Im very sorry that our poor maintenance of the website has prevented you
---From joining the Club.

Some time after the system was changed from the plain old PHP (in which I built
a system to work with credit cards) to a WordPress template the Committee
decided
that we could no longer sustain the charges levied by the credit card issuing
and processing companies. The links to the card system were removed then,
but unaware to me they somehow managed to return, maybe as a result of crashes
and rebuilding from backups by the hosting company.

I think I have now removed the offending links (well I think Ive found all of
them).

We hope soon to provide a website that works properly (on a new host), for the
benefit of all, and will once more provide a way to join and renew online. In
the meantime I have forwarded your message to the Europa Club Committee.

in friendship

Rowland