Europa-List: Re: Recognize this part? Epoxy question.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Recognize this part? Epoxy question.
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 09:12:57

Thanks Rowland. I would never dare to change the epoxy that is called out for
the
construction of the kit. If the right epoxy is available (which seems to be
the case for the Araldite 420). Then that is what I will use. But I ask since
it is my experience that over the years, kit manufacturers (or whatever
organization
takes over if the manufacturer is no longer around) tests and approves
different epoxies as the years go by. I wanted to be clear on the current state
of recommended epoxies (and well, also hoping to be able to use MGS as much
as possible since my pump is set for that).

This has been particularly true with the Rutan style aircraft where epoxies keep
changing over the years. And in the case of bonding, they are used with the
addition of fillers such as flox.

Obviously, for laminating applications were it seems MGS L285 is approved, I
will
be using that, even with the additional cost. I just happen to like it a lot.

Chris

Read this topic online here: