Re: Europa-List: Fuel UL91 question for UK or European pilots

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel UL91 question for UK or European pilots
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:15:08

Jonathan, I have used UL91 ever since it became available at Gloucester,
and without any modification to my Rotax systems. It is approved for a
range of Rotax engines and IMHO is a more reliable entity than Mogas,
which can vary considerably in its contents. On top of that it works v
nicely on my 914

Regards, David Joyce GXSDJ

On 2017-04-10 21:07, jonathanmilbank wrote:

> One of my friends who shares my aircraft will be taking it away for 2 weeks,
to an airfield where UL91 is on tap while mogas needs to be fetched in jerry
cans.

> Does anybody out there know of any issues with UL91, i.e. will it degrade the
"Tupperware" plastic fuel tank? Nev Eyre states "No one knows for certain long
term. Not seen any failures attributed to it."

> I have considered using it myself if ever I go touring, but never contemplated
using it exclusively for a long period.

> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=468255#468255 [1]

Links: