Europa-List: Re: Rotax 912 Exhaust Spring Clip Faliure...

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 912 Exhaust Spring Clip Faliure...
From: italianjon <jon.catilli@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:17:17

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I have confirmed that the exhaust material is not
stainless
it's standard steel, so this should make the welding of a new clip easier.

Bud, I like your suggestion to wire through the middle. I have previously wired
the clips to act as a backup to the springs, but if I had gone through the
middle,
then when the clip failed I would not have lost the spring. I can only assume
it bounced around the engine and then fell out of the bottom. It must have
been during the last flight, as there was no spring on the apron.

The answers here have reassured me that I can fly it to my mechanic, at least.
And get him to weld a new clip on.

Regards

Jon

Read this topic online here: