Europa-List: Painting

Subject: Europa-List: Painting
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 06:45:15
Finally after 12 years ....HJ460 is now in its hangar awaiting paint.  We
fired up the engine and the dynon and much to my surprise everthing works

I realize that this is not over and I have merely completed phase 1.

HJ460 is a "fast build" (hahahaha) with gel coat over wings and fuselage
and the cloth flying surfaces are filled and sanded.  She has the minor
dings and epoxy drips from 12 years of constructions.

PAINTING  the plan suggested by the Colombian painter is

   - sand gel coat with fine paper
   - fill all visible dings with micro
   - apply epoxy primer
   - sand
   - fill with polyester filler
   - re primer
   - paint (white) with aircraft paint.
   - Lacquer on top

Any input gratefully received.  Does this sound like a plan?  Is polyester
car filler appropriate?

Many thanks

WIll

William Daniell