Europa-List: Re: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration?
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 13:11:35

Clive,

I looked at the Sky Sports website and it appears your probe will output a
voltage
proportional to the fuel level.  There is apparently a full and empty adjustment
screw.  If you are going to continue to use the VDO gauge, measure the
voltage at the S terminal of the gauge when it indicates empty and when it
indicates
FULL fuel.  If they are both less than 5 volts, you can connect directly
to your EIS.  If they exceed 5 volts, you will need to make a simple voltage
divider with two resistors.

If the voltage is 0 when the tank is empty and 5 volts when the tank is FULL (18
US gal), your SF would be 90 and OFFSET would be 0 using the Forward, Decimal
feature of the EIS.

If your voltages are different or you want other than US gal, I've attached a
document
that explains how to calculate SF and OFF.

If you still have questions, please ask.

Jim Butcher
N241BW

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: