Europa-List: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration?

Subject: Europa-List: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration?
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 06:52:06

I have fitted the above fuel level sensor into the RH lobe of my fuel tank.  The
probe design is the same type sold by Airworld for many years.

The system already has a 'needle-on-scale' type readout via a VDO-type gauge -
but i would also like to connect its signal output on an AUX channel of my
EIS4000
engine monitor to display actual figures in Litres

For that to work, the EIS4000 needs a 'scale factor'.  Has anyone done this
already
- and if so, what SF (and 'offset' value) did you use please?

If it has not been done already but you know the approximate voltage outputs
from
this probe expected at 'empty' and 'full', that data would also be very useful

Looking forward to your replies

Clive Sutton, UK Kit 121

Read this topic online here: