Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA Night / IFR Trials

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA Night / IFR Trials
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 20:14:18

Carl,

The link just goes to an error 404 and not found. I would love to see them
please
as I am currently designing a panel. I'm favouring conventional instruments
with some electronics I.e. HSI.

Perhaps the Europa Club would consider hosting the pictures with a write up on
progress on making this happen do you happen to be a member?

Kind regards

Alan Burrill
GOBJT

Sent from my iPad

> On 22 Jan 2017, at 19:26, carlp101 <cparkinson@cisc-uk.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Graeme, Steven,
>
> I'm in the process of getting my Europa Tri-Gear ready for IMC/Night approval.
I've done a lot of work replacing all my avionics with a SkyView D1000T panel,
8.33 radio, transponder, 2 channel auto pilot, landing light, position lights,
cabin lights and a backup artificial horizon (I went for a GRT Mini-X because
it has a terrain and obstacle database. Essential as a backup instrument for
IMC/Night if you ask me). I've also plumbed my Pilot Aware unit into the SkyView
system so I get traffic too. It works a treat. I just need to replace my
Pitot probe with a heated version now and I was looking at the Dynon. I need
to find out what the current draw is to see if I'm going to need to fit an
additional
alternator.

> I'm talking with Peter Pengelli, one of the guys that's been involved in
> getting
the LAA IMC/Night approval through. I'm waiting on a test pilot to fly it
and see if he gives the thumbs-up so I can go on to the next step. Then it's
down
to an assessment of the kits I have fitted and whether I need to make changes
(God, I hope not), additions, etc.

> Hopefully you can see a picture attached of the new panels fitted. If not,
> email
me directly and I'll send you some pictures.