Europa-List: Re: LAA Night / IFR Trials

Subject: Europa-List: Re: LAA Night / IFR Trials
From: carlp101 <cparkinson@ciscuk.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 11:26:33

Hi Graeme, Steven,

I'm in the process of getting my Europa Tri-Gear ready for IMC/Night approval.
I've done a lot of work replacing all my avionics with a SkyView D1000T panel,
8.33 radio, transponder, 2 channel auto pilot, landing light, position lights,
cabin lights and a backup artificial horizon (I went for a GRT Mini-X because
it has a terrain and obstacle database. Essential as a backup instrument for
IMC/Night if you ask me). I've also plumbed my Pilot Aware unit into the SkyView
system so I get traffic too. It works a treat. I just need to replace my Pitot
probe with a heated version now and I was looking at the Dynon. I need to
find out what the current draw is to see if I'm going to need to fit an
additional
alternator.

I'm talking with Peter Pengelli, one of the guys that's been involved in getting
the LAA IMC/Night approval through. I'm waiting on a test pilot to fly it and
see if he gives the thumbs-up so I can go on to the next step. Then it's down
to an assessment of the kits I have fitted and whether I need to make changes
(God, I hope not), additions, etc.

Hopefully you can see a picture attached of the new panels fitted. If not, email
me directly and I'll send you some pictures.

All the best.
Carl
cparkinson@cisc-uk.com

Read this topic online here: