Re: Europa-List: Parts lists - Does anyone have such a thing?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Parts lists - Does anyone have such a thing?
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 07:12:30
Roger gave part numbers, if you call Con Air for Rotax parts just north of B
anbury, they will know your parts by name as well; of course CFS aero who ar
e now the main dealer, contact details in LAA magazine.
Regards
Alan Twigg
Kit 463 MG
Ready for paint/trim

Sent from my iPad

> On 11 Jan 2017, at 00:52, Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com> wrote:
>
> David,
>
> Bing Carb CHOKE NIPPLES - Nipple 276 855 available from Rotax distributors
 ($53.40 from Lockwood here in the U.S.)
> Carb heat water jackets - Carb Heater No Part No. available from Rotax dis
tributors ($415.00 from Lockwood here in the U.S.)
> Exhaust copper plated nuts - 8mm exhaust hex nuts 842 950 are available fr
om Rotax distributors ($1.19 from Lockwood here in the U.S.)
> Engine Monitoring System - Grand Rapids EIS 4000 for Rotax (~$900, basic o
r ~$1300, advanced) from Grand Rapids, Aircraft Spruce, etc.
> Perhaps a wobbly prop - Airmaster Propellers from Airmaster or local Airma
ster rep.

> Here in the U.S.A. Rotax bits and pieces are available from a number of ve
ndors.  Lockwood.aero is my go-to.  There are a number of others.  You
=99ll have to find your own in the UK.

> Grand Rapids makes a good engine monitor.  I have installed it on a couple
 of Lycomings and I have one on my Europa/Rotax 914UL and it works just jim-
dandy.  It is available form Grand Rapids (grtavionics.com) or various resel
lers like Aircraft Spruce (aircraftspruce.com).  There=99s probably a r
eseller in the UK.  It can be a bit of a pain to learn to use unless you con
nect it to a graphical interface (i.e. one of the GRT EFIS).  I=99m le
ss familiar with the Dynon offerings but they seem to work well also.

> I like the Airmaster C/S propeller.  It works well, is easy to use, easy t
o install, surprisingly light for a C/S prop.  It is an electric prop rather
 than hydraulic.  Which is one reason it is so light.  airmasaterpropellers.
com

> I hope this helps.  Let me know if you need further information.
>
> Blue skies & tailwinds,
> Bob Borger
> Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (75 hrs).
> Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
> 3705 Lynchburg Dr.
> Corinth, TX  76208-5331
> Cel: 817-992-1117
> rlborger@mac.com
>
> On Jan 10, 2017, at 1:36 PM, G-ODTW <dave@robotas.co.uk> wrote:
>

> If anyone has a list of materials they have used, it would be very helpful
 to many folk. The following fields would make it invaluable:-