Europa-List: ClearTerrain for iPad

Subject: Europa-List: ClearTerrain for iPad
From: stephan cassel <stephan.cassel@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 20:55:54
Hi Europa friends,

Flying in hilly terrain, it is often difficult to identify and plan for
good passes.
Cloudbase often influences the choice of route. Flight in the Alps, and
especially south of the Alps,
is cloadbase often very variable so it is a good praksis to find
alternative routes.

SkyDemon and regular aerial maps are great tools for planning but I often
find it difficult to find good clear information about the height of
valleys.
Because of this, I have developed a small app, ClearTerrain for iPad, that
use Google Earth for analysis and export flightplan to SkyDemon.
It is absolutely free and no advertising.

There is a small video clip on YouTube that gives an idea how the app works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ3CTxjD1kM

AppStore:
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/clearterrain/id1183055835?mt=8

Best regards