Re: Europa-List: Re: CAMLOC Fasteners

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: CAMLOC Fasteners
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 11:10:39
Some one I forget whom .... maybe graham or perhaps david had a system
whereby the top of the top cowl had no holes at all.  The top cowling had
fixed pins on the inside of the upper cowling which engage with receivers
on the firewall about one inch below the cowling lower surface.  This was
done precisely to avoid water ingress to the panel area.   So you can
imagine fitting the upper cowling by sliding it backwards to engage the
male pins with the female receptacle on the firewall.

The rest of the cowling (the join with the lower cowling) was fastened with
camlocs if Im not wrong.

its hard to describe and Im damned if I can find the picture but this was a
discussion on the list around 2014.  I thought it was rather an elegant
solution which I didnt follow because I want to get flying but I might well
retrofit

Will

William Daniell
LONGPORT