Re: Europa-List: Door Hinge

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door Hinge
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 18:34:54
Brian, Pete and Rowland

and here is the full mod I downloaded.

Alan

<mailto:brian.davies@clara.co.uk>> wrote:

>> Many moons ago someone posted a door strut  mechanism that removed
all of the spring strut force from the door when it was closed.  Does
anyone have a link or drawing of the design?

> Brian - here=99s what I=99ve got relating to Ted
Gladstone=99s design.

> The sketches came from Gerry Cole who wrote:
>
>>   I attach my sketch of the upper pivot bracket as requested, which
may be useful for Europa=99s mod. I=99ve just had a good
look round to see if I had a copy of Teds drawing but without success.
However I did find my drawing of the lower pivot point machining needed
to position the bottom end of the gas strut correctly within the stay.
I=99ll attach this in a second email since today Photo Gallery
wants to put everything in a cloud if I try to attach both.
>>     Should you want to go with Ted=99s mod he may not mind you
contacting him =93 he may still be in the LAA Edinburgh strut. I
have his address as 19 Southfield Gardens East, Edinburgh EH15 QN, Tel
No 0131 669 7255. He shares (shared?) Europa G-ZTED with Justin Kennedy
which has a number of Ted=99s clever mods.

> And now I=99ve discovered another thread from 2014 which points
to:

http://www.theeuropaclub.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/G-ZTED-Strut-Mod.p
df

 http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk <http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/>
> | Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson      Facebook: Rowland Carson
> <007.jpg><Ted's stay bottom pivot 001.jpg><Upper Pivot Bracket
001.jpg>