Re: Europa-List: 10 inch Dynon in a Mono

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 10 inch Dynon in a Mono
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 13:15:31

Martin, Have you looked at the Garmin G3X Touch system, which I have
found very impressive in demonstration. Am in the middle of fitting an
8" EFIS with a G5 acting as back up for altimeter, ASI horizon and lots
else, tying in with my old (not very) GNC255A Nav/com system. Both the
8" EFIS and the G5 are beautifully readable in any light and I am not
clear that a 10" one would offer any extra benefit. Doing away with the
steam driven back up instruments means there is plenty of room on the
panel for all the extras I want. I am also fitting a remote transponder
and small certified GPS so that it will all work for ADSB in and out.
The LAA historically insisted on steam back up instruments, but they
have recently relaxed this edict and I have just heard that the G% is
acceptable acting as back up ASI and altimeter

Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ

On 2016-12-02 02:44, Martin Tuck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still determined to upgrade my Europa monowheel to an EFIS and have pretty
much settled on the 10 inch Dynon display.

> So I'm in my early stages of panel planning I have determined that the
> standard
mono panel moulding is not quite wide enough for the 10 in screen.

> It needs building up to the left by maybe 1/2 inch which starts to encroach
> into
the recess for the gear/flap handle.

> My question is, has anyone else already done this and if so, did you make some
kind of gear/flap handle extension that would make it easier to push and pull
the handle up and down?

> I'd be interested in any solutions along with any pictures.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin Tuck
>
> Wichita, Kansas

Links: