Europa-List: Cooling issues on the ground XS 914UL

Subject: Europa-List: Cooling issues on the ground XS 914UL
From: Marcel Bodmer <marcel.bo@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:51:53
Dear all

Would be very pleased, if you could help me with my cooling issue on the gr
ound by an XS with a 914UL.

I opened another topic, because I didn't build my XS by myself and didn't u
nderstand every post in the other

topic. (May it's because of my english knowledge) Another thing is that I h
ave almost no knowledge about

fluid dynamics, therefore I created a picture documentation of my engine ba
y and list up three ideas which I had.

The ideas are at the end of the documentation. I hope it's helping to expla
in me some possible solutions.

I'm searching for a solution which is easy to create, because I didn't lear
n how to work with glass fiber till now.

My CHT is getting high very fast, but only on the ground. On an short airfi
eld, it is even not possible to start after

a quick run up, because the temperature is already around 130=B0C. It occur
s (at least) if the OAT is above 20 to 25=B0C,

which is quite common in Switzerland (homebase LSZK). The solution which I'
m looking for should also work above 30=B0C.

The documentation is available here:

As pdf or word file.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1ObyCB9NWIwb0tWcWF4WXp4dHM?usp=s
haring