Europa-List: Re: Fuel vent

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel vent
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 00:57:07

Jerry,
That is interesting. Thanks for sharing.
I have always considered a fuel vent facing forward was not a safe enough
solution,
as water and dirt (even bugs!) may enter in flight, being pushed by the airflow.
Therefore I have added a second vent which exits vertically at the bottom
of the fuselage. The two vents are connected with a tee. Additionally, I have
covered the top vent with a stainless steel screen.
The bottom vent is also convenient when filling the tank as it allows excess
fuel
to flow out before the cobra is filled to the top.
Remi
F-PGKL

Read this topic online here: