Re: Europa-List: Re: Adjusting Angle of Incidence

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Adjusting Angle of Incidence
From: Alex Kaarsberg <kaarsberg@terra.com.br>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 05:22:40

I still believe that a simple transparent  hose with water in it must be far
superior
to any other means of measuring, however hi-tech it is!
With this method you get to avoid any possible instrument-to-jig inaccuracies
and
you will practically have an infinite resolution.

Regards,
Alex Kaarsberg

> On 11 de set de 2016, at 04:59, rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> VGs may lower stall speed, but unless you have a plan to place them
> asymmetrically,
I can't envision how they would reduce exciting behavior in
> an asymmetric lift stall condition. Then again, a 0.1 difference is certainly
> within the envelope of control authority provided you keep the ball and
> wings level. Best to ask Bud! He's the one with a degree in aerodynamics!
>
> Moving the forward socket requires jigs, digital level and cautious
> application
> Of a heat gun. If you are not the original builder, I would suggest you
> subcontract
the job to an expert.