Europa-List: Fwd: Infringments

Subject: Europa-List: Fwd: Infringments
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:47:13

> This is a sobering piece by NATS on Infringements and their impact on
other users of the airspace.

> http://www.nats.aero/discover/infringements/
<http://www.nats.aero/discover/infringements/>

> The South or England has one of the highest levels of infringements
and Solent, Stansted, Luton and Heathrow feature in the top list of
airspace infringed. However many other areas of airspace suffer their
fair share.

> As GA pilots we should be doing all we can to ensure we know where we
are at all times and the airspace our intended route will take us.
Contact ATC, use Listening SQUAWKS and plan your route. Do not scrape
down the side of airspace as while you might think your are 3 meters
outside of the zone according to your GPS, to ATC using a very accurate
and validated radar map, your are too close for comfort and with unknown
intentions.

> You will hear this message from multiple sources and I make no
apologies for sending this link to all concerned as if we, as GA Pilots,
don't take responsibility for addressing the problem others will on our
behalf and we may not like the solutions offered.