Re: Europa-List: Re: Cooling Fan

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Cooling Fan
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:50:44

One of the first issues is the operating temperature range of the fan.

Most of the Computer Fans, 12 volt and small enough to fit under the cowling,
are
rated to +40 or +50 C where we are talking about temperatures above that.

There are vehicle fans but these are much larger.

A manually switched fan was, is, fitted to the SkyArrow and the Operating Manual
advised its use when the coolant temperature on the ground goes above 80 C but
not sure of its source. The SkyArrow had a pusher prop so the airflow through
the radiator on the ground wasnt great.

Alan

G-OBJT