Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 4 Msgs - 08/14/16

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 4 Msgs - 08/14/16
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:53:14

Hi Erich,

I powder coated my tailwheel spring in the year 2000. I have no idea
what temperature was used in the oven but I have found no ill effects
over 980 hours of flying and ~1400 landings. (Some quite hard!)

If I did this over again I would probably nickel plate the spring noting
that it is good practice to have an initial flash coat of copper before
the nickel.

Cheers, John
N262WF