Europa-List: Door latch microswitches

Subject: Europa-List: Door latch microswitches
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 23:14:26

I want to take a moment and acknowledge Raimo Tolvio who designed a bulletproof
warning light system to indicate the status of our door latches.

Now that my door gaskets are installed, its obvious, at least in my case, how
easy
it is to think the door is safely closed when the rear shoot-pin may not be
engagedbut thanks to Raimo, when my doors are latched I have two green LEDs
on my panel that are quite reassuring.

I opted for greens when doors engage in order to eliminate the possibility of a
false positive if the system were wired to show a red when the doors are NOT
properly engaged.

I also added a grip on each door to allow the pilot to pull either door inwards
to facilitate proper alignment.

The fun will begin soonthanks again Raimo,

Fred