RE: Europa-List: Rain passing through fuel cap

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rain passing through fuel cap
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 20:07:38

Hi!all,
I have had a similar experience with water in the fuel tank especially when
parked outside in continuous rain. My investigations discovered a
discrepancy between differing cap diameters and filler necks. I recommend
checks be carried out on your pairs.
AS an added precaution I apply electricians tape over the entire cap and
have had no incidents since.
The water drain pick up pipe end needs to be at the rear edges of the fuel
tank for monowheel tanks ( unless you do a water check with the tail held
high . Or the front edges of the tank for a trike standing on level ground.)
I too have been very impressed with the Andair mini gascolators and have one
on each tank outlet.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG.