Re: Europa-List: Rain passing through fuel cap

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rain passing through fuel cap
From: david park <dpark748@icloud.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:46:51

Europa do a cover that covers to rear of filler
Dave

Dave Park

> On 28 Jul 2016, at 19:36, Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> A circle of sign vinyl over the cap when left outside. Not very fancy but it
works. It does leave some sticky residue but a little fuel on a cloth cleans it
up. I keep a few in my flight bag.

> Kevin Challis
> G ODJG
>

>> On 28 Jul 2016, at 18:49, Rick Moss <Rkwmoss@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> After a couple of days parked outside in fairly rainy conditions, a check of
the useless water drains proved negative, however after the following flight
I got 2/3rds of a sample tube full of water from the gascolator (and still
nothing
---From the water drains). Next flight was 2 hrs from Le Touquet to Barton;
gascolator yielded a clear sample.... of 100% water.... and then a further
2/3rds
water sample. I'm impressed with the capacity of the Andair gascolator!

>> So; my fuel cap clearly lets water into the tank. There doesn't appear to be
a rubber seal of any sort, and I've adjusted the backnut to ensure it fastens
tightly, but there must be a better solution? Any suggestions gratefully
received!