RE: Europa-List: Curing of Flying Surfaces

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Curing of Flying Surfaces
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 16:45:45
Hi! Will and Tony,

Concerning curing of the Europa.

I notice that it is being suggested that a cure time of possibly two
hours was likely.

May I respectfully advise that if you have an aircraft that is glass
fibre reinforced with resins laid over polystyrene you need to very
slowly increase the heat soak or you will have the polystyrene expand
faster than the glass and burst through the construction making you a
very unhappy bunny ! Likewise the cooling down cycle needs similar
treatment.

Regards

Bob Harrison G-PTAG .