Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Springs
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 08:53:22

Hi Dave

They are a similar design to those used in the tail wheel steering, only
much smaller. They were shipped with the original exhaust back in about 99.

Pete

On 01/07/16 22:53, david park wrote:

> Can you expand on the double springs, I am not familiar with them. It's worth
chasing up?
> Dave
>
> Dave Park
>

>> On 1 Jul 2016, at 22:41, Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info> wrote:
>>

>> Yes.  Though the last couple I have replaced have now done 50 hours +.  I
>> wish
I could find the original style "double" springs as supplied by Europa.

>> Pete
>> G-RMAC
>>
>>> On 01/07/16 22:31, david park wrote:
>>>

>>> I recently purchased new Exhaust Springs from CKT out of the 10 supplied I
have had three fail within 20 hours.  The force needed to install them seems
excessive,
possibly leading to their failure.