Re: Europa-List: New Smartphone App for pilots

Subject: Re: Europa-List: New Smartphone App for pilots
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:27:53

On 2016-06-27, at 23:01, rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Allow me to introduce avAltimeter

Ira - thanks for your posting. The app looks nicely done and seems to provide a
number of useful functions to back up other instruments or calculations in a
handy way. Ive not yet downloaded it to try as there appears to be a drawback
that, for me, would make it very inconvenient to use.

I note that there is a single switch for imperial and metric units. We here in
the UK (and I think the same applies in in a few other territories) use
hectoPascals
(equivalent to millibars) as the pressure unit and feet as the altitude
unit. I cant see from the descriptive info on the App Store how that combination
of units might be displayed. If it were possible, Id suggest having separate
switches for the altitude units and the pressure units.

in friendship

Rowland