Europa-List: Wings for monowheel trailer stability

Subject: Europa-List: Wings for monowheel trailer stability
From: William Bliss <william@wbliss.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 14:05:32

Hello all - Advice/experience please

I am planning on using cut down wings for preventing the fuselage
rocking from side to side on the monowheel trailer.

I would get a pair of u/s wings, cut them off just outboard of the inner
rib and make attachment points for a strap (or elastic bungee chord) to
go down and attach to the trailer frame. These short stubby wings would
attach to the fuselage in the same way as the flying wings attach.

Does this seem like a good idea? My slight concern is that the forces on
the fusalage attachment points with road use may be greater than the
forces they were designed for in flight. I would have thought this
method has been considered before.

William Bliss G-WUFF