Europa-List: Europa XS BOM - bill of materials?

Subject: Europa-List: Europa XS BOM - bill of materials?
From: John Wighton <john@wighton.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 01:17:08

I am assessing an in-build Europa XS whose owner unfortunately passed away some
years ago.  As a non-builder, owner operator l have a reasonably good
understanding
of the parts which is helped by the build manuals.  However, l had hoped
that Europa Aircraft would have a BOM covering the standard kit plus Mod kits.
Karen informs me that no such thing exists.  Has anyone created a BOM? With
a list it will be far easier to assess what (if anything) is missing and
therefore
make the valuation of the project easier.

The aircraft is based in the Wirral and was being built by Lesley Glover.  There
is some confusion over the inspections, the LAA show Stage 4 sign-off by a local
inspector.  However, he has no recollection of the project, which was last
inspected in 2002.  Perhaps other Europa builders have some knowledge?

After assessing what is there l will be placing an ad in the LAA mag and on the
forum (and AFORS), the  objective being to recover funds to Mr Glover's widow.

John
GIPOD

--------
John Wighton