Europa-List: RE: Paint quantity

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Paint quantity
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 19:22:39
Hello Fred, While a can't speak to Aero-Thane topcoat specifically, I do
 have experience with two-part polyurethane.  I would recommend for thos
e areas with less than desirable gloss you might try wet sanding up to 1
,200 grit and then buffing the finish to a high gloss.  I use 3M Perfect
-It Rubbing Compound followed by 3M Perfect-It Polish.  The rubbing comp
ound is applied with a 7" variable speed Makita angle polisher Model 923
7CX3 with a lambs wool bonnet.  Polishing is with same Makita polisher b
ut with a foam pad which yields a swirl free finish.  Going purely from
memory, I believe I use a speed of around 1,200 rpm.  Be careful and che
ck skin temperature frequently.  You don't want to burn the finish.  Con
tact me offline if you have any questions.     Good luck,Erich TrombleyC
lassic Mono 914  Fred wrote:
My intention for now is&hellip;for those parts w/ less than satisfactory
 smooth gloss&hellip;is to sand w/ 400 grit and reapply topcoat.

I&rsquo;m also wondering if anyone can recommend a protocol for some kin
d of rubbing or polishing after cure for this kind of product.

Venture Capital News
Top Stocks for 2016
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5730e3997b36e639959cast03vuc