Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax Engine Troubleshooting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax Engine Troubleshooting
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 17:18:59

Remi,
If you saw the Lycomings around my EAA Chapter here, I am thankful for my
Rotax.  In Florida I am alarmed at how often cylinders are losing
compression at so few hours, and how nasty and oily they are.
I've spent only a few thousand in over 300 hours.  But my experiment with
ethanol caused most of it.  It is what Gary Leinberger calls "The Dumb Tax".
Boy does that learning curve cost a bunch of money.

Hopefully this will help some folks stop the bleeding of time on the secrets
the Rotax factory does not want to put out.  Even the classes are
disappointing to the more experienced guy.

Regards,
Bud Yerly