Re: Europa-List: Engine Bay Heat Barrier

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine Bay Heat Barrier
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:07:05

Frank, Flying in the UK without any sort of heat reflectivr barrier, I
recall many more occasions when I have welcomed the modest amount of
warmth coming through the firewall to warm my feet, than occasions when
I felt too hot - in fact the only time I remember feeling significantly
too hot was in the middle of Spain in the middle of a freak heatwave.
There is also the point that decreasing heat loss from the engine
compartment will aggravate cooling issues (I guess only marginally),
should you find, as many do, that cooling in hot weather is an issue.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2016-04-13 18:35, spcialeffects wrote:

> Who among you have fitted some sort of silver reflective mateiral to the
> firewall
to reduce heat transferring into the cabin? Was it worth doing? Does it reduce
cabin temperate much? Could you tell the difference between one fitted with
and one fitted without it?
> iv had a look around and there seems to be quite a few different types
> available
if anyone has used this stuff could you please post a link to where you got
it (in the UK)

> Many thanks Frank X
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=454959#454959 [1]