Re: Europa-List: Fwd: Brimpton Fly-in and a new flying competition for

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fwd: Brimpton Fly-in and a new flying competition for
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 15:14:35
your diaries

I am either getting past it or you have not included a date for the
Flyball event. (Nor yet on the Brimpton site)Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2016-04-06 14:52, dpy01 wrote:

> Posted on Behalf of Chris Wheeler at Brimpton Airfield
>
> Here are a couple of future events for your diaries this summer.
>
> First is our annual Brimpton fly-in in aid of the Thames Valley and Chilterns
Air Ambulance, which will be held on Sunday 5th June this year.

> As usual everyone is welcome and a Poster will be distributed soon.
>
> The second item is a "getting to know you" event, from a totally new
> organisation.
You will all have heard of AOPA, LAA, BMAA and various other associations
representing pilots and aircraft owners, but until now, the smaller airfields
which provide most of the facilities that many of you are likely to use
regularly,
have had no form of representative body. That has changed with the emergence
of the Airfield Operators Group (AOG) , which is intended to give the likes
of Brimpton, Popham, White Waltham and many others a voice where one is needed.
(Have you heard how many of our smaller airfields are under threat of closure?)

> Just to get more interaction between flying members of these airfields, Mike
Pearson, the new manager at Popham, developed the idea of the Flyball
competition.
Details of the first of what is hoped to become an annual event are on the
attached flyer. The object is to collect as many numbered balls as possible,
---From as many participating airfields as you can reach during the day.

> Each ball will have a value, from 5 to 50.
>
> You can collect one from each visited airfield.
>
> The crew collecting the highest score during the day will be the competition
winner.

> No crew can start before 1000.
>
> It will be up to each crew to decide the route they take and order in which
> they
visit each airfield. Just a hint, but you will need careful initial route
selection to try and collect a few high value balls, as their number will be
limited.

> Competition finishes at Popham at 1600, to be followed by a BBQ and prize
> distribution.

> Weather permitting, this has the makings of something different, which will
> offer
a bit of a challenge, with chances to meet new people and possibly to visit
an airfield you haven't been to before.

> The participating airfields will be more than those indicated on the Flyer and
I will have details of the full list before the day. Just a clue, but the AOG
has members from Land's End to Rochester and Lee on Solent to Manchester. Total
of thirty two at the last count. (one in Ireland as well, but I don't think
they will participating in the is one!)

 Details for both events can be found on our website

http://www.brimpton-airfield.co.uk/welcome [1]

>> Happy flying
>>
>> Chris Wheeler

> <Flyball Flyer.pdf>