Europa-List: Re: Electrics and Trim

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Electrics and Trim
From: carlp101 <cparkinson@ciscuk.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 16:18:44

Hi Will,

I have just gone through the rather lengthy process of fitting a full Skyview
D1000T
system in my Europa Tri-gear, G-URMS. It includes the auto-pilot panel.
I wired the trim motor to the AP panel's D-type 15 way connector, but the
panel's
nose-up / nose-down buttons cannot be used to alter the pitch unless the
auto-pilot
is flying the plane. You need to wire the exiting trim switch to the
15 way connector too to give you the ability to manually control the pitch trim.
In addition, if you want the trim gauge to work you'll need to wire it in
a specific way that includes the addition of a resistor. It works a well.

Email me on cparkinson@cisc-uk.com and I'll send you the details of what I did
to get it working. I'm typing this on a tablet at the moment, so I don't have
the information easily to hand.

Regards
Carl
+44 7810 565195