Re: Europa-List: Crossing the =?UTF-8?Q?Channel=3F?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Crossing the =?UTF-8?Q?Channel=3F?
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 11:35:26

Glenn, Le Touquet is very well set up for first timers, especially if
you are not planning to go deep into France. The only minor drawback is
that they charge you 20 euros or some such - more like English A/Fs than
French standards. If you are going further into France then Troyes is a
good choice, with customs (on request) and UL91 on tap and an
interesting city to overnight in. I attach last year's Le Touquet
briefing sheet that was prepared for the annual Europa Club Fly out (due
May 21st this year), which is set up with Channel virgins in mind. Are
you in the Europa club? If not I strongly recommend it, also you will
find a wealth of relevant info & what I like to feel is the best
aviation weather page on the club site (www.theeuropaclub.org [5]). You
are welcome to give me a ring if you have specific queries - number on
club website & in club magazine (Europa Flyer).

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ, Club Trips organiser

On 2016-03-08 10:10, Glenn Perry wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Im new to the Europa and the forum. I hope to be heading to France in a few
> weeks
and was looking for some advice regarding an entry Airport. I will be crossing
around Lydd as that is where the channel in the narrowest. I need to gain
more confidence in the plane before going further over water.
> Where would you suggest I clear customs/Immigration into France, bearing in
> mind
that I speak no French? Any advise would be most appreciated.

> Glenn Perry G-DLCB Classic Mono

Links:
------
[1] http://www.buildersbooks.com