Re: Europa-List: Wing skins

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing skins
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 09:22:27

William, It is central to the laminar flow aerofoil that you end up with
a smooth upper wing, so fill & sand. The only critical rule so far as
the sanding goes is that you must not sand into the cloth as this
reduces the structural strength of the wing. So you can sand through the
gel coat until you can just see the cloth, but no further - the rest of
the profiling should be through filling the front side of the join. Best
of luck, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2016-01-03 22:33, William Daniell wrote:

> I have just stuck my wing skins (XS trigear) on and there seems to be a slight
mismatch...the rear wing skins being a smidgen (1/16 - 1/32) higher.