Re: Europa-List: Fw: Drip trays =?UTF-8?Q?=3F=3F=3F?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fw: Drip trays =?UTF-8?Q?=3F=3F=3F?
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 22:51:54

Paul, Drip trays came as standard with my 914 back in 2001, and I see
that the 2015 914 installation manual still calls for them to be fitted
and shows a diagram on p93. It could be that this relates to the high
manifold pressure having much greater liability to fuel leaks than the
normally aspirated 912s. Have to say I have never noticed any hint of a
leak, but it could be of course that the system vents it harmlessly out
through the air vent, which would not have been the case had it dropped
on the exhaust!

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2015-12-29 17:35, Paul & Vanessa Munford wrote:

> [...]
my Europa should be flying!!?? As ever - can you help ?
> I see pictures & talk about carb' drip trays ( I have 912ULS -new) but can
> find
no information on whether I need them? what they do
> & why are they needed anyway ??? Also where do you get them & how do they fit?
I cant find any mention of them in any Rotax or Europa literature ??