Europa-List: Re: Dynon Servos

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Dynon Servos
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 02:33:42

Martin,
High end (airliners, business jets ...) certified autopilot servos always have
an internal clutch which is engaged only when the autopilot is being used, so
that there is no additional friction in the controls when the aircraft is hand
flown.
Low cost servos for homebuilts, LSAs and microlights such as the TruTrak or
Dynon
do not have this feature. That means when you move the controls you are back
driving the whole mechanism: lever, arm, internal gearing and electric motor.
I have experience with the TruTrak and I do not think the Dynon is different.
When you move the lever by hand, it seems quite stiff. Once the servo is
installed
in the aircraft, you can feel the very slight additional friction when
moving the control stick, but don't worry, as soon as you are in flight, you do
not feel the servos at all and you can enjoy hand flying as before.
Regards
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL

Read this topic online here: